It’s finally starting! After contacting several demolition companies for quotes we got one back (obviously the demolition business is very busy!). We had thought it would start the second half of January and booked in the required temp fencing for the 15th, and thought we had a bit of time to finish our salvaging (and pick the mulberries from our tree). Then we got an email on New Years Day advising it would start on the 6th – the day before going on holiday. So it was a made scramble to find another fencing company open the next day and able to deliver at short notice, and finish our salvaging. But we got it all done, said goodbye to the house and headed off to QLD.
We got back home 2 days ago and the first thing we did (after picking up the dog) was check out the progress. With the heat wave this week there was no one on site, but the asbestos has been removed, and there was some evidence of salvaging starting. Unfortunately it is all locked up, so our mulberries are going to the birds!