We have been finalising and buying lots of bits and pieces:
- Variation for the tiles – natural (marble and limestone) cost more to lay than ceramic tiles.
- Variation for screening on the verandah (a mistake on the engineering report has our deck looking into the neighbours house, so a screen is required).
- More lights – swivel spotlights for the walk in robe and pantry (Ikea), outdoor spotlights.
- Shelf for the shower in the bathroom (Metric Tile).
- Returning the tallboy we ordered for the bathroom – we must have miscalculated as it doesn’t fit!
- Walk in robe order – a custom designed Elfa solution from Howard’s Storage World.
- Furnishing bought for Oscar’s Star Wars room – new doonah (to fit the european star wars cover), desk lamp (metalic and star wars-ish) and bedside table (it looks a bit like those walking fighter thingies!) from Ikea.
- Floor protectors for under the desks (Ikea).
- Globes – lots of them!
- Connecting the electricity (this task finally pushed me to tears!). Are there no electricity companies that know their processes for connecting a new property?
- Confirmed solar panel installation.
Oscar came to Ikea with me and enjoyed the shopping, but he is a bit over being dragged out shopping and to the house!