We have started preparing for when we move back in. We saved our old driveway gates, hoping that they could be re-used in the new space. We can – they fit perfectly! Our old side gate was beyond help, so we have bought a new one. All the gates need painting, so we have started the undercoat. We are hoping to get these up pretty quickly after handover so that the dog can be secured in the back yard.
We have also started planning the front and back yards, marking out the path and spaces for garden beds in the front.
After all the back breaking work (mostly by hubby) to clear space in our back yard (amongst all our salvage) for the plumbing to be taken from the house to the storm water and sewerage points on the back fence, the plumber has connected both into the old pipes further up the yard! 🙂 At least with that out of the way we (hubby again) have been able to move our water tank back into place and reconnect it, move some of the piles of dirt and start the new vegie patch on the back fence, and even sow some lawn seed.
We also have proper drainage from the roof now. The sound of the rain running down the pipes was really lovely to hear as I ran through the mud to get inside.
The driveway is more of a “mud-way”, but some of Oscar’s pile of dirt has been moved to level out the front yard. Concrete base boards have been installed to prevent the boards rotting out from being covered in soil.
Hubby has also wondered who will be the first to back their car into the down pipes! (It will probably be me!)