I had to go away last week, so it was two weeks between visits and it was certainly all coming together when I went to the house on Saturday. The lights and fans were being installed, painting was completed (baring a few touch ups), the showers and toilets were installed, kitchen sink installed, the stained glass had been replaced by Harkaway, chimneys were up, the gas connection was done, fences on both sides replaced and base boards painted. The pressed metal splashbacks had still not be installed and the ensuite pressed metal has not had the dado rails installed.
With the front baseboards on, and some drainage placed in the ground, the big dip at the front of the house is beginning to be filled in; Oscar’s pile of dirt in the driveway is dwindling in size. The baseboards are now on all the way around the house. The electricity has been installed (finally!) and we have a target date of the end of the August for handover.
After all the back breaking work (mostly by hubby) to clear space in our back yard (amongst all our salvage) for the plumbing to be taken from the house to the storm water and sewerage points on the back fence, the plumber has connected both into the old pipes further up the yard! 🙂 At least with that out of the way we (hubby again) have been able to move our water tank back into place and reconnect it, move some of the piles of dirt and start the new vegie patch on the back fence, and even sow some lawn seed.
We also have proper drainage from the roof now. The sound of the rain running down the pipes was really lovely to hear as I ran through the mud to get inside.
The driveway is more of a “mud-way”, but some of Oscar’s pile of dirt has been moved to level out the front yard. Concrete base boards have been installed to prevent the boards rotting out from being covered in soil.
Hubby has also wondered who will be the first to back their car into the down pipes! (It will probably be me!)